Saturday, September 29, 2007

Tell Them Now

Over the years I have had a handful of people who have had a great influence on my life. I'm sure if you really look back you'll see that you have too. I lost one of my mentors last Tuesday night, when he died peacefully in his sleep.

I feel very happy that I kept in touch with this man over the years and expressed my gratitude to him often for his direction and loving support.
That is one of the things that I learned from him. He always told me how much he thought of me; how proud of me he was. His health started to break down over the last year. At times he was in tremendous pain from deteriorating discs in his back. He suffered greatly but never lost his spirit.

Avoid the horrible, helpless feelings of regret. Express your gratitude and love to those who have had a positive influence on you along the way. Pick up the phone. Sent a note. Drop by for a visit. Do it now, do it every chance you get, before it's too late.

No comments: