Monday, April 20, 2009

WOW-AWESOME-HUMBLING

I went to a Women's Business Expo today. I met a woman who just made my day. She had read my book, "Simple Happiness, 52 Easy Ways to Lighten Up" and has been enjoying my weekly "Aha Moments" for quite some time. When I introduced myself to her, her face completely lit up. She was genuinely thrilled to meet me. She went on to tell me that she had given a copy of my book to someone in FL (I can't remember if it was her sister, a relative or a friend). That person had been experiencing some difficulties in her life. She related to me that reading my book had changed her life.
How's that for a validating experience!
It filled me with such joy to realize that my work is able to have such an effect on people. At that moment I don't think I could have felt any happier. It was a truly blissful moment. To me it was like a glimpse of heaven. What an awesome, humbling experience. I am so blessed.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a wonderful story! Positive feedback is such a gift...and so are you!

Anonymous said...

I attended your keynote address at LI Adult Learners' Conference. Although I had heard the message before, this time it clicked! For example: after getting a lame memo last week from a manager, I sat down with a colleague (who was also at the workshop) and we crafted a reasonable response, hoping for the best. We were listened to, we got more than what we asked for and we had a good laugh about the bad old days when we would have just indulged in pure pissiness and resentment at being sooo misunderstood!