Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Have Fun Along the Way

I just got an e-mail from a friend that contained a quote from Abraham Hicks. It goes: "You think that the goal is to be over there and we say the goal is the journey over there. The goal is the fun you have along the way on your way to over there."

Many of us are in a hurry to reach our goals. We (I) grow impatient when things don't seem to be moving along at a quick enough pace. We (I)become anxious when things seem to be at a standstill. I am going to memorize this little quote and bring it to mind often throughout the day. I know in my heart that things are unfolding just as they are meant to unfold. Everything is just as it is supposed to be. It's my job to appreciate each moment as it comes. It's my job to learn from every experience, positive and negative. I will try to be compassionate with myself when I make a choice which seems to hold me back. In the letter of St. James in the Bible he says, "It's all good"

Tomorrow when I rise, I will resolve to be awake to each moment of my day's journey. I resolve to have fun at every step along the way on my way to over there.

No comments: