Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Abundance

The abundance of the Universe is like the ocean. We can go down to the ocean to receive our share of its abundance every day armed with a tea cup or a dump truck. It's our choice. It makes no difference to the ocean what we bring. It will be the same vast ocean speading as far as we can see whether we take a cup full or a dump truck full.
The size of the container we bring to the ocean is often a reflection of how worthy we feel to partake in the abundance of the universe. Some of us feel only worthy enough to full up a tea cup. That's too bad. The Universe is ready to give as much as we can take. It is we who decide to take so little. Try bringing a container that is slightly bigger than the one you brought yesterday. The Universe invites us to share in its infinite abundance. It's up to us to accept that invitation.

1 comment:

Doc L said...

Jim,
You may remember me because I met you at a training just a week ago. You were very welcoming to me and invited me to sit down without knowing or ever seeing me before. We had a brief discussion about what specific work we were interested in. You told me that you were a motivational speaker and an author and I said that I was a Psychologist licensed in both California and New York and that I had just moved back to the New York area after spending the last 10 years in California working on finishing up my doctorate degree and working on an evidenced based familly intervention that began as a study about 7 years ago. I was very impressed with the answer you gave me when I asked you, "Ok Jim, can you tell me how to be happy in one sentence?" (The training was about to begin and I thought I would take a shot at hearing something profound) As it turned out, I did hear something profound when you answered, "Gratude!" I like your style Jim. You appeared to be happy to me and you did write a book on how to be happy. It sank in when you said that. Could I have been a few letters off when I was thinking, "Attitude!" I think you hit the nail on the head when you said gratitude. Once I have Gratitude- I have attitude! What that has to do with abundance for me is only that I would have been better off leaving my comment in your gratitude blog! I am happy that I met you and was reminded that the key is Gratitude. How to stay there.... that may take me a little while to work through. When the rubber meets the road for me it has been pretty much summed up in a quote by Mark Twain. He said "Quitting smoking is easy.....,I've done it a hundred times!"
Best,
Doc L