Thursday, October 1, 2009

Enjoy Creation

I’ve been enjoying the National Park special that has been airing on PBS. I visited many of them years ago with a good friend when I was in my twenties. What majesty, what grandeur. It is truly a spiritual experience to be in the presence of such natural beauty.

Before going to bed tonight I walked outside to check out the nighttime sky, as I often do. Tonight the sight was a real beauty. A nearly full moon light up the sky, its brightness lessening the effect of the stars. The wispy white clouds passing by couldn’t dim the moon’s magnificence.

An old friend of mine who is a Christian Brother sent me a Christmas card a few years ago that he had made himself on his computer. It was a simple design with a message on the inside.

When we die and go to heaven to meet our Maker, one of the questions that Almighty God will ask us is, "How have you enjoyed my Creation."

It’s a good question to ask ourselves now, while we still have an opportunity to do something about it.

No comments: