Wednesday, October 21, 2009

How Amazing is Science?

Yesterday I was going on and on about how everything science has proven has eventually been overturned. Well last night the science was correct. Scientists predicted that there would be a meteor shower last night between 1:00 and 6:00 am with the heaviest concentration occuring just before 6:00 am. Sure enough, when I got up this morning at 5:40, got dressed and went outside there is was... a meteor shower. Actually I wouldn't call it a shower. It was more like one meteor every two minutes.

I sat on a lawn chair in my driveway where I had a wide view of the sky and watched, eyes wide open, looking pretty much straight ahead. Here and there appeared a quick, darting light, lasting just a split second. There was no denying it; the scientists were right on the money this time.

I watched for about 15 minutes then went inside to make my morning coffee. I felt satisfied that, if I had to report to my Creator, I would be able to give Him a blow by blow account of the meteor shower. I certainly was enjoying His Creation. The only thing missing was someone to share it with. It's always more fun when you can share the oooohs, and the aaaaahs. Maybe next time.

No comments: